Current Training Programs will expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on August 31, 2024.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your reactivation requirements.
The department will process your renewal request upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- All supporting documents
- Required fees
Training Programs that expire on August 31, 2020 become null and void on September 1, 2020.
At least 90 days before your license expires, the department will mail you a renewal notification postcard to your last known mailing address of record. You will have until midnight on the day your license expires to renew. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to become active or inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
|Renewal application and fees must be mailed to:|
Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
Post Office Box 6330
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6330
- All information must be printed in black ink or be typewritten.
- Attach a certified check or money order to the application, made payable to the Department of Health. Do not send cash
- All training programs (universities, community colleges, vocational technical schools, hospitals or laboratory based) for laboratory personnel should complete this application.
- All training programs must complete all portions of this application except where stated for nationally accredited programs.
- All training programs shall attach a list of trainees at the time of renewal application.
- If you responded “yes” to any of the Discipline History questions on the application, contact the state board where the discipline occurred to request that certified copies of the board order and any other documents relative to the disciplinary action be submitted directly to the board office. You must also submit a letter in your own words describing the circumstances of the offense. Your letter must include the date of the original offense, the charge and the jurisdiction where it occurred.
- If you responded “yes” to any of the Criminal History questions on the application, contact the clerk of courts in the jurisdiction in which the offense occurred and request that a certified copy of your final/official court disposition be mailed directly to the board office. If the records are not available, you must have a letter on court letterhead sent from the clerk of the court attesting to their unavailability.
Request the following documentation to be sent directly to the board office: a certified copy of your completion of probation and documentation showing that you have paid all fines. If the records are not available, you must have a letter on court letterhead sent from the clerk of the court attesting to their unavailability.
You must also submit a letter in your own words describing the circumstances of the offense. Your letter must include the date of the original offense, the charge and the jurisdiction where it occurred.
Note: All applications with Criminal and/or Disciplinary History will be presented to the board for review. Board staff will notify you of the date that your application will be presented in the event you would like to attend.
Upon receipt of all required documentation, board staff will review and process your request. If any additional information is required you will be notified.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health.
|Unlicensed Activity Fee||$5.00|
Training Programs that expire on August 31, 2022 become Null and Void1 on September 1, 2024.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.)
Rules: Chapter 64B3: Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel