Current licenses expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on August 31, 2020.
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at email@example.com to request your reactivation requirements.
If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the Laws & Rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
- Go to www.flhealthsource.gov and click the “Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the “Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
- You may renew online if you have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction. Please note that you can now renew online, print a copy of your application summary and mail it with your cashier’s check or money order to:
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 6320
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
- If you are renewing your license after the expiration date and your status still indicates Clear/Active, you will be assessed a delinquency fee. The delinquency fee will be in addition to your renewal fees.
- If your license was Delinquent/Active before the renewal deadline, it will be moved to Null and Void status after the renewal deadline. You should contact your board office for further instruction.
- The process of renewing a license and receiving a printed license in the mail may take 7-10 business days. Initiating contact to confirm the receipt of fees or the status of your license prior to this time will not expedite the renewal process.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health.
If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$115.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$55.00|
|Active to Inactive||$55.00|
|Inactive to Active||$165.00|
|Active to Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$225.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$165.00|
|Active to Inactive||$215.00|
|Inactive to Active||$325.00|
|Active to Retired||$215.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$215.00|
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$340.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$220.00|
|Active to Inactive||$220.00|
|Inactive to Active||$390.00|
|Active to Retired||$280.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$220.00|
Licenses become Null & Void1 on September 1, 2020.
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
To locate board approved CE Courses for this profession, please click here
|REQUIRED SUBJECT AREA||REQUIRED NUMBER OF HOURS||IMPORTANT INFORMATION|
|*General Hours||20||For licensees with a Specialty – one (1) contact hour of CE must be completed in each of the specialty categories in which you are licensed|
|Medical Errors||2||Must be a board approved course|
|Florida Laws and Rules||1||Must be a board approved course|
|HIV/AIDS||1||Any course approved by any MQA Board is acceptable|
*For Director/Supervisor Licensees – one (1) hour in administration and supervision CE must be completed. Licensees upgrading to a Director/Supervisor are exempt from the one (1) contact hour CE in administration and supervision for that biennium
First Time Renewal: Clinical Lab personnel initially licensed within the biennium are exempt from the continuing education requirement with the exception of two (2) hours of prevention of medical errors and one (1) hour of HIV/AIDS
Board Rule Approved Providers
- General hours can be taken from a state or federal government agency or regionally accredited educational institution
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- Attendance at a Board meeting
- Courses completed at a regionally accredited college or university.
- Teaching of Board approved continuing education courses
- Former Board members service on a Probable Cause Panel
- Please see Rule 64B3-11.001, Florida Administrative Code for detailed information regarding the above methods of obtaining continuing education
- Licensees adding a specialty category to existing license are exempt from the one (1) contact hour CE in that specialty category for that biennium
- Licensees can surrender licensure in a given category by submitting a request at the time of renewal.
- There are no restrictions on the number of home study courses allowed per biennium
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.)
Rules: Chapter 64B3: Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel